Frederick T. Lohr, M.D.
Request an Appointment
Dr. Frederick T. Lohr, MD is a board certified orthopedic surgeon. For the last several years, Dr. Lohr has been named as a "best doctor" on the Eastern Shore and voted a Top Doc by doctors in the area.
Dr. Lohr has been the Team Physician at Washington College since coming to the Eastern Shore in 1987. He has treated more than 30,000 patients, and performed thosuands of surgeries in that time while always focusing on state-of-the-art techniques. He is a specialist in arthroscopic technique, and in knee replacement. He completed his undergraduate education at Johns Hopkins University and attended Hahnemann University for medical school. After medical school, he completed a general surgery internship and orthopedic residency at the University of Maryland Hospital. He completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine with Dr. James Andrews as well as a Total Joint Fellowship in Amsterdam. Dr. Lohr gained surgical experience in Pakistan in 1989 and 1990, treating war wounded from the Afghanistan conflict.
On-site Physical Therapy services are provided by Paul D. Simonetti, PT, DTP and Dana Spires, PTA.
Chestertown Orthopedics and Sports Medicine is now a division of the Centers for Advanced Orthopaedics in Chestertown, Maryland.
Areas Of Expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Knee, Shoulder and Elbow Arthroscopy
- Total Joint Replacement
- Joint Revision
Hahnemann University; Philadelphia, P.A.
- University of Maryland Hospital; Baltimore, MD.
- Maryland Institute of Emergency Medical Services; Baltimore, MD.
- The James Lawrence Kernan Hospital; Baltimore, MD.
- Long Beach Memorial Hospital; Long Beach, CA.
- Alabama Sports Medicine, Sports Medicine; Columbus, GA.
- Sports Medicine, Dr. James Andrews; Birmingham, AL.
- General Orthopedics; Aspen and Glenwood Springs, CO.
- Academic Medisch Centrum, A.O. Fellowship; Amsterdam, Netherlands
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Med-Chi Faculty of Maryland
- Kent County Medical Society
- Southern Orthopedic Society
- Eastern Orthopedic Society
- Washington College Hall of Fame as Team Physician, 2013
- Top DOCS, Eastern Shore, 2011 – 2015
- Nanticoke Hospital
- University of Maryland Shore Medical Center
Affiliated Surgery Centers
Upper Bay Surgery Center